I have loved Amphigorey.
1. Reading these short, illustrated stories was the highlight of my weekend. I cruised through the entire book without realizing it had only taken me a whopping 30minutes.
2. The stories are so extremely odd – it’s amazing. Kind of reminds me of A Series of Unfortunate Events, however, a bit more non sequitur in logic.
3. The surreal/gothic/dark humor vibe appeals to me… and honestly, I couldn’t tell you why.
4. The varied styles of illustration, the different fonts, & the wide range of plots… all these things make Edward Gorey seem like the jack-of-all-trades.
5. “The Listing Attic” was my favorite story… The randomness and the rhyme unite into something unforgettable to me.
Have other people enjoyed the book as well?